Flexus Youth Dance
Flexus Youth Dance have an excellent reputation based on the standards, creativity and discipline nurtured in the dancers, who receive technical training, artistic development and creation of new works each year.
Choreographed by Flexus Artist Jade Barton, these works are performed at platforms, theatres and festivals throughout the year.
Flexus Youth Dancers also have the opportunity to receive their Bronze Arts Award Qualification as part of their training!
Flexus Youth Dance aims to:
- Provide intense technical training to young, developing dancers
- Nurture creativity through choreographic development
- Enhance and develop performance skills
- Provide the foundations to continue dance training at an advanced level
- Provide additional qualifications through Bronze Arts Award
- Provide access to opportunities and programmes focused on careers into Dance and industry skills
What to expect from being a part of Flexus Youth Dance:
- Receive intense training to develop and increase technical and performance ability
- Increased confidence through technical training, performance, and choreographic development
- Create and perform new works under the artistic vision of Jade Barton, whose choreographic style delves into surrealist, abstract works based around humorous concepts
- Enjoy regular performances throughout the year via internal and external platforms & festivals
2021 - 'ReVisited'
2020 – ‘Here We Are Nau’
2019 – ‘Clue’
2018 – ‘Morning Mr Magpie’
2017 – ‘No Retreat’
2016 – ‘Quandary’
“Flexus Youth Dance has really given me an insight as to what the professional world is going to be like and has provided the skills we need to move forwards. It’s been such an amazing experience and definitely one I won’t ever forget!” – Mia Mclauchlan (Flexus Youth Dancer 2019/20)